Scarlet110

Bibliomaniac Scarlet

I came here to keep in touch with all my friends who left GR after the censorship debacle. I read a little of every genre. I co-blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac.

Burial Rites
Hannah Kent
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series #1)

The Maze Runner - James Dashner Phew! What a ride that was!If you have ever wondered how something can thrill you to the bone, I highly recommend you read The Maze Runner. This book consumed me. While I might have used that expression before, I have never meant it as much as I do now.Reading The Maze Runner was like being sucked into a massive black hole of paranoia, suspense, fright, adrenaline, disbelief, shock... I have spent the last two days in a frenzy of pacing and freaking out, and occasionally shuddering (no, I seriously mean that!!); I’m sleep-deprived, and my jaw hurts from all the nail-biting, but WHO FREAKING CARES!!?? This book was totally worth it, and I LOVED every second!!What truly makes The Maze Runner so gloriously edgy is the way it makes you figure everything out from scratch. You’re utterly completely clueless. You have no background to cling on to, because every person in the story has had their memories wiped. You have no idea, at any given time, as to what really is happening, or what might happen. So you’re always guessing, wondering, waiting, dreading. Every chapter is a surprise more bizarre than the last, and it always catches you unprepared.And the weirdest thing?? This book scared me. Genuinely. There were times when I had to mentally prepare myself because I knew whatever was coming could not be pretty. And the end...Oh my God! I must have looked like a fool with my mouth hanging open and my eyes bulging out.Why bother with ghosts when a stupid maze can give you nightmares???Obviously, I have to read The Scorch Trials. ASAP.