Scarlet110

Bibliomaniac Scarlet

I came here to keep in touch with all my friends who left GR after the censorship debacle. I read a little of every genre. I co-blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac.

Burial Rites
Hannah Kent
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

Pandemonium (Delirium Series #2)

Pandemonium (Delirium Series #2) - 4.5WOW.That was quite a sequel! Intense, amazing, beautiful, and so much better and grittier than Delirium.Pandemonium isn't so much about the story as it is about Lena's transformation - from victim to survivor, from grief to strength, from losing her identity to gaining a purpose, from being a naive innocent girl to becoming a fighter."But this is what Alex would have wanted for me: the scar on my neck, miraculously well-healed, just like a real procedural scar; the ropy muscles, the sense of purpose. He believed in the resistance, and now I will believe in it for him."I'm so impressed, I want to stand up and applaud. Finally, a female who doesn't whine or moan or go catatonic with grief. Can we have more girls like her in YA, please?Lauren Oliver's writing is amazing as always. I love how the narration switches between the past and the present. I love how I can never quite predict what's to come. Speaking of which...OH MY GOD.That. Ending....Thank God Requiem's coming out in a day; I would have died otherwise!!