Scarlet110

Bibliomaniac Scarlet

I came here to keep in touch with all my friends who left GR after the censorship debacle. I read a little of every genre. I co-blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac.

Burial Rites
Hannah Kent
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

Cinder. Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles)

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) - Marissa Meyer I think the problem was I expected too much. With all the hype surrounding Cinder, I was expecting greatness. I was waiting to be blown away and that didn’t quite happen.Conceptually, Cinder is a very inventive re-telling of Cinderella. The MC is a cyborg, who makes a living fixing malfunctioning androids. The opening sequence, when we are introduced to her for the first time, was very memorable too. (Cinder’s busy yanking out her metallic foot. How ingenious :B) I’m not sure what happened after that. The first few chapters were so slow and devoid of action that it took some effort to keep reading. The last few chapters were better paced and would have been interesting if I hadn’t already figured out the big surprise. Really, the plot could not be any more obvious. In the end, when Cinder learns about her true identity, I couldn’t even pretend to be surprised.Despite that, I enjoyed reading this, mainly due to Cinder herself. I found her to be an extremely unique and super-fascinating protagonist. She’s the kind of Cinderella you never imagine; still she fit the mould perfectly, if not better.So I didn’t love the book like I wanted to, but I still liked it enough to go on with the series.P.s. Just a random thought I had. That girl with the long, unruly hair who contacts Cinder via the D-comm and warns her...is she supposed to be a Lunar version of Rapunzel??