Scarlet110

Bibliomaniac Scarlet

I came here to keep in touch with all my friends who left GR after the censorship debacle. I read a little of every genre. I co-blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac.

Burial Rites
Hannah Kent
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

Bloodlines the Indigo Spell (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead This book was HILARIOUS!! Each of Richelle Mead’s books have a generous dose of humor (which I love), but The Indigo Spell has to be the funniest book in the series yet. Adrian’s wisecracks had me giggling like a little girl and surprisingly, Sydney’s inner monologue was also quite funny. Maybe it’s the Adrian magic rubbing off on her ;)Some of my favorite parts:- The college party scene (I want an AYE shirt).- The Callistana (I want that too).- Sydney taking Adrian’s advice to seduce Ian (Hilarious!).- Malachi Wolfe – especially the story about Silver Tooth Sally (I laughed so hard I was nearly crying).- And of course, everything about Adrian :)As for Sydney, she was a lot more interesting this time around. Although I felt there was way too much on her plate. Alchemist-turned-witch-turned-renegade... what’s next?? Super-woman?? And no, I still don’t care about Jill and Eddie and Angeline – their parts were like an unwelcome distraction that I quickly skimmed through.This book finally convinced me that Sydney and Adrian do have chemistry. In fact, I think I prefer their easy-breezy adorableness over Rose and Dimitri’s intensity.And I’m very pleasantly surprised that Mead didn’t portray Marcus as a potential love interest. That cover basically screams Love-Triangle but thankfully, there isn’t one.Definitely the best book in the Bloodlines series so far.