Scarlet110

Bibliomaniac Scarlet

I came here to keep in touch with all my friends who left GR after the censorship debacle. I read a little of every genre. I co-blog at Musings of a Bibliomaniac.

Burial Rites
Hannah Kent
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

UnWholly (Unwind, #2)

UnWholly - Neal Shusterman I could not have asked for a better book to start 2013 with.Unwholly is a SPECTACULAR sequel to Unwind.Gut-wrenching. Disturbing. Cruel.Beautiful. Inspiring. Profound.But more importantly, Thought-provoking.And here are just some of the things that this book made me think about: Ethics. The Sanctity of Life. Parenting. Rebellion. Retribution. Corruption. Power. Terrorism. Religion.I know, deep down, that this cruel, horrible world that Neal Shusterman has imagined does not exist. I don’t want it to exist. And yet, every minute I spent lost in this world, I believed that it did.So many heroes. So many villains. So many loyalties. So many betrayals. So many heartbreaks. So many redemptions.So many perspectives.I would have worded this review more eloquently, but I’m too blown away right now to process my all-over-the-place thoughts.Lastly, all those authors who write YA dystopia trilogies, please note: This is how you write a super-spectacular second book in a series.